Student success is everyone’s business! Completing the Dream gives you an opportunity to launch an innovative strategy that will increase the number of students who complete their developmental coursework requirements, enroll and succeed in gateway courses, complete the courses they take with a grade of “C” or better, persist from one term to the next, and/or attain a certificate or degree.
Your good ideas can become Completing the Dream innovations, and you are invited to submit applications to the CTD Lead Team.
- Applications open Nov. 1, 2013
- Applications are due by Dec.16, 2013 via email to Angela Sivadon (email@example.com)
- Applicants will be notified of a decision regarding their applications in mid- to late-January, 2014.
- Any questions regarding the application and the application process should be directed to Angela Sivadon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Benefits of Participating in CTD:
- Funding and support for innovations that faculty/staff believe will increase student success
- Vetting for logistical feasibility of college-wide implementation
- Guided research support focused on data analysis and continuous improvement
- Sense of security and confidence to try something new
- Greater college-wide awareness of new approaches to promoting student success
A successful application will include the following criteria:
- State an innovation that clearly addresses student barriers to success and demonstrates that the innovation is likely to significantly increase student persistence or completion.
- Provide sufficient data to suggest the need for this innovation.
- Describe a service that does not exist at TCC.
- Explain the significant potential to affect the total target population when the innovation reaches full scale.
- Show significant potential to affect students other than the target population.
- Describe how the innovation clearly supports TCC's specific Strategic Plan goals/objectives.
- Explain how the innovation clearly targets a specific at-risk population of students.
- Show that innovation costs are low relative to the likely impact on student persistence and degree completion.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135