Goal 1: Recruit and retain students of color/minority students
- Develop and expand cultural studies programs.
- Develop new and identify existing College resources that create opportunities for access and support student success.
- Transform the College into a more culturally competent institution.
- Strategically engage and respond to the needs of students and other constituents from underserved areas.
Goal 2: Recruit and retain faculty/staff of color/minority faculty & staff
- Continue with current HR practice of advertising in ethnic/minority based publications and identify new sources for marketing, e.g., The Black Chronicle-OKC
- Develop all position ads with a strong diversity inclusion theme
- Evaluate the application pool before beginning the selection process. Extend the search if the pool is not reflective of desired diversity.
Create an environment that will enable the College to foster a climate of inclusion that:
- Enhances tolerance training
- Communicates the Council's purpose to the College
- Focuses on retention-college wide initiative
- Encourage bilingual skills to promote the College; develop a stipend/differential pay program for staff involvement in direct service to the community; use other languages to benefit the College and the community.
- Martin Luther King holiday observance for the College and develop active plan where TCC is represented in the MLK parade; may join other higher education institutions that are participating in this event
- "Growing our own" faculty/staff
- Link our initiatives with the Tulsa Achieves program.
- Encourage mentoring programs involving senior employees (in-house) for those who are interested in obtaining other positions within the college.
- Implement a faculty foreign/domestic exchange program
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135