TCC'S Diversity Core Value:
Diversity is our common bond. Sincere appreciation for and cultivation of differences enriches our lives, the community, and the education we offer. It is a source of our pride and integral to our success.
What is Diversity?
(Taken from the Diversity Council's Five Year Plan)
Diversity is not:
- A policy that promotes preferential treatment.
- A replacement of European-oriented history with African-oriented history.
- A divisive phenomenon that will pit race vs. race, religion vs. religion, etc....
- A mechanism that will destroy the traditional curriculum in the U.S.A.
- A passing educational fad that will go away.
- An educational approach that recognizes all the racial, ethnic, religious, economic, political, social, and cultural groups in the country and infuses the experiences of all into the curriculum.
- A concept that will help students understand and respect themselves and people of other races, religions, economic, political, social, and cultural groups.
- A balanced, factual, basic view of educational curriculum that does not attempt to impose one cultural view for the whole country.
- An educational approach more consistent with our country's democratic heritage; one based on the worth of the individual.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135