- Use the principles and theories of science, engineering and mathematics to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection and maintenance.
- Training in electrical theory, circuits and application, as well as power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization.
- Courses detailing measuring instruments and test equipment, electrical drafting and electrical controls.
- Build or set up equipment, prepare and conduct experiments, calculate and record the results in a research and development environment.
- Assist engineers in various projects.
- Basic understanding of automated equipment used in a computer integrated environment.
- Apply the principles of electronics, mechanisms, fluid and electrical power, and microcomputer/PLCs to support automated equipment.
- Upgrade the skills of those already in the computer integrated work environment.
- Acquire the technological and analytical skills to work in a medical research and development setting.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain medical equipment for hospitals, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Graduates may test for the certification test given by the International Certificate Commission for Clinical Engineering and Biomedical Technology.
- Basic understanding of electronics and troubleshooting skills needed in industry.
- Courses detailing wireless communications, semiconductor, automation design and industrial controls.
- Design, analyze and build test equipment used in industry.
- Exposure to microcomputer/PLC theory and practical applications.
- Valuable laboratory experience in areas like robotics, problem solving, circuit board fabrication, antenna field patterns, and system noise and gain.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135