Providing Educational Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
Any teacher/director/family child care provider who is employed by a DHS/tribal licensed child care program where, at time of application, is a one-star plus or above and has at least 10 percent of its licensed capacity is filled with children receiving DHS/tribal subsidy.
Child Care Provider Requirements
- Must earn $15.50 per hour or less.
- If you are a Family Child Care Home Provider, must be willing to sign a Verification of Income Form (form provided with application).
- Must work a minimum of 30 hours per week with children.
- At time of application, the scholar must be employed for six months at their current facility.
- Limit of six credit hours for fall and spring semesters and three credit hours for summer during first year on scholarship.
What Does the Scholars Scholarship Provide?
The scholarship will provide 70 percent of tuition and fees, and 100 percent of required books for eligible scholars for:
Child development/Early Childhood Education courses leading toward a CDA credential
Certificate of Mastery
Director’s Certificate of Mastery (only directors or assistant directors) *Completion (after obtaining a Certificate of Mastery)
Associate of Arts or Science Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Mission Statement
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care program will ensure that eligible child care professionals in the state of Oklahoma have an opportunity to attend a two-year college to further their education while earning a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Certificate of Mastery, Director’s Certificate of Completion, and/or an associate degree in child development or early childhood education.
- Technical assistance and support from the Scholar Coordinator
- College credit for course work
- Academic and student support services
- Networking with other child care professionals
- Outstanding faculty committed to student success
- Enhance likelihood that facilities will increase DHS star rating
- Educational stipends
- Increase quality child care
- Scholarships for course work at two-year colleges and career technology centers
- Scholarships for CDA assessment application process
Scholar Coordinator Assistance:
The Scholar Coordinator will help you with:
- On-site Technical Assistance
- Scholars Program information
- Pell Grant
- College Admission
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Salary Supplement (REWARD)
For assistance, contact:
Tulsa Community College
7505 W. 41st St.
Tulsa, OK 74107
Click here for more information on Scholars for Excellence in Child Care.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135