Be a high school college student! Get a head start on college at your own high school, TCC community campus, or TCC approved concurrent site.
Juniors and seniors enrolled in concurrent courses can earn a high school diploma and college credits as part of EXCELerate, a concurrent enrollment program at Tulsa Community College. Students earn both high school and college credit for the same class through dual credit.
Examples of EXCELerate Concurrent courses include:
- Freshman Comp I and II
- United States History: Civil War Era to the Present
- Computer Concepts and Applications
- Speech Communications
- College Algebra
- American Federal Government
- Introduction to Psychology
What's in it for high school students?
- The EXCELerate Concurrent program greatly reduces the cost of college classes.
- Access to TCC facilities-- Free access to college facilities at every TCC Campus including the TCC Fitness Centers, Library, and computer labs.
- Many core college courses are available.
- Graduate from high school with up to 24 college credits completed.
What's required of students?
Concurrent students must submit an official ACT or SAT score.
- Juniors: Composite ACT 21 or SAT 980 or an un-weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Seniors: Composite ACT 19 or SAT 900 or an un-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Concurrent students must submit an official ACT for course placement in addition to admissions requirements.
- Juniors and seniors: Subject scores of 19 English for enrollment in English courses, 19 Science Reasoning for enrollment in science courses, 20 Mathematics for enrollment in College Algebra, or 19 in Reading for enrollment in all other courses.
- Strong study habits and research skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Strong attendance record
What's the first step?
- Apply online at www.tulsacc.edu/admissions
- Complete the Concurrent enrollment form
- Schedule a visit with your high school guidance counselor and a TCC academic advisor to discuss your plans for college, TCC degrees, and four-year college or university transfer courses.
(Most TCC college credits transfer to other colleges and universities. Plan ahead and check with your desired four-year college or university to be sure you can transfer your concurrent course credits.)
You don't have to wait until you graduate from high school to start on your college degree.
Begin now by calling the TCC Division of High School Relations office (918)-595-7812 or (918)-595-7811 for more information.
Students are saying......
"I am ready to move on with my life and...take charge and tackle my upcoming obstacles."
"This class has been an amazing experience, and an eye opener on college and what is expected."
"I like taking concurrent enrollment classes because it saves my parents some money on college tuition."
News Items About EXCELerate
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135