What is the difference between dropping a class and withdrawing from a class?
Students are able to drop a class any time before the class starts and up through the drop/add period immediately following the start of the class. The amount of time you have to drop a class depends on the length of the class. For example, if you are taking a full 16-week class, you have the first two weeks of school to drop the class, but for an eight-week, fast track course, you only have the first week.
Dropping a class removes that class from all records. It is like you never took the class. It will not affect your G.P.A. It will not show up on your transcripts. And you will receive a 100 percent refund for the class.
Withdrawing from a class allows a student to get out of a class after the drop period has passed. The last day to withdraw from a class will be 75 percent of the way through the class' term. Class term may be different from the class start date. For example, the class term will start on a Monday even if the class itself does not start until Thursday. Check the academic calendar for specific dates.
A withdraw shows up as a "W" on a student's transcript. The student will NOT receive a refund for the class. It does NOT affect G.P.A. It does however affect completion rate which can affect financial aid, VA Benefits and Tulsa Achieves status.
How do I drop a class?
1. Start at the TCC home page.
2. Click on the MYTCC link at the top/middle of the page.
3. This will bring you to the login screen. Your TCC ID will be your campuswide student ID which will start with a capital "T" and be followed by eight numbers. Your Password will start out as your six digit birthday (mm/dd/yr). If it is your first time logging in, the system will prompt you to create a new password and a security question. If you are a current student, you will use the same password that you previously used in TED. If you have trouble logging in, call 918.595.2000.
4. Once you log in, you will see a series of tabs across the top of the page. Click on the one labeled "My Account."
5. On the next page, look at the "Registration Tools" section located on the left hand side of the page.
6. Choose the option to "Add/Drop Classes."
7. The "Registration Term" page wants to know what semester you want to add or drop classes from. Select the current "term" or semester from the drop-down box and then click "submit".
8. This should pull up your current schedule. There will be a box in the middle of each course listing. This is called an "action box." Choose the "web drop" option from the drop down options in the action box, and then click "Submit Changes" at the bottom to drop the class from your schedule.
9. Your updated schedule should repopulate on the screen reflecting the changes you made to your schedule. It is recommended you to to "View/Print your class schedule" to verify you have correctly added or dropped your course(s) the way you had intended.
NOTE: You can also add classes in this way if you know the CRN number of the class you want to add. Just put the CRN number in one of the boxes at the bottom and click "Submit Changes" to add the class.
How do I withdraw from a class?
The withdraw process has changed in recent semesters due to changes in financial aid. It is understandable if it is not convenient/possible to come in to withdraw, but due to some of these changes, you are highly encouraged to come in to discuss withdrawing at an academic advisement office on campus in person if at all possible.
If that is not possible, download the forms below. Read through the cover letter carefully, then fill out the first page of the withdraw form completely. Then fax both pages of the form to one of the TCC advisement offices. Fax numbers are listed at the bottom of the first page.
Make sure to initial where appropriate and sign and date under the "Student Responsibility" section. Also, remember to include a copy of an official photo ID, such as a driver’s license, in the fax.
Be sure to sign and date under the " Affidavit of Enrollment " section if you receive financial aid and are enrolled in classes that have not started yet.
Attachment Size Withdraw Information.pdf 136.37 KB
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135