2014 - 2015 State Regents Tuition Waiver Application Priority Deadline: March 15, 2014
What is it?
The TCC State Regents Tuition Waiver Scholarship is a waiver of tuition for up to $500 per semester and a total of $1,000 for the academic year. It does not include any related costs such fees, books, housing or travel. The tuition waiver funds are not available for cash refund. Any funds not used in a semester is forfeit by the recipient. A recipient may not have more than one tuition waiver during a single academic period.
Funds for the waiver are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of waivers available, applications will be considered in the order that completed applications were received. Tuition waivers are not renewable; a new application must be submitted to each academic year.
Where is the application?
Applications are available through the MyTCC Portal. Applicants must have applied for admission to TCC prior to applying for the waiver. To access the tuition waiver application, applicants must access their portal account, and click on My Account. Select the "Tuition Waiver Application" link to complete the application for the award year. Applicants can only complete the application once during an award year.
- Residency: Applicant must be a resident of the state of Oklahoma. Residency is defined by the State Regents. There is a separate, paper application for non-residents that will waive the non-resident portion of tuition.
- GPA Requirements: Applicants must have either minimum of 3.00 cumulative GPA for Scholastic waivers or 2.50 for Need-Based.
- FAFSA: In order to be considered for a need-based waiver, applicants will need to complete a current FAFSA. Students’ need will be evaluated on the results of the FAFSA. Without a current FAFSA on file with TCC the chances of receiving the TCC State Regents Tuition Waiver is unlikely.
- GED: Students who did not complete high school and have not yet attempted college credit can be evaluated for the waiver on the basis of GED scores. Students must have a minimum 60 score of Scholastic Tuition Waivers. A minimum GED score of 50 is required for need-based. In order to be considered for need-based, applicants will need to complete a current FAFSA. Students’ need will determined by the results of the FAFSA.
- ACT Scores: Students who have not attempted any college credit, have not finished high school, and do not have GED scores can be considered for the waiver on the basis of ACT scores. A 25 is needed for Scholastic Tuition Waivers. A minimum score of 20 is needed for Need-Based Tuition Waivers. In order to be considered for need-based, applicants will need to complete a current FAFSA. Students’ need will determined by the results of the FAFSA.
- Completion Rate: Applicants must have a minimum of 67 percent completion rate for all attempted college hours. Completion rate is determined by dividing earned credit hours by attempted credit hours.
- Max Hours: Applicants who have more than 95 attempted credit hours are not eligible for a TCC State Regents Tuition Waiver. Students who have earned a bachelor degree are not eligible for tuition waiver.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: Applicants who are suspended from Financial Aid are not eligible for the TCC State Regents Tuition Waiver so long as the suspension is still active.
- Degree-Seeking: Applicant must have a declared major.
- Missing Transcripts: Applicants are required to submit transcripts from all previously attempted institutions (except for Tulsa Community College.) Applicants can be denied if one or more transcript(s) has not been turned in to TCC.
- No Academic History: Applicants who fail to provide any of the following that are applicable at the time of evaluation can be denied: All transcripts from previously attended colleges, high school transcript, GED scores or ACT scores.
- Late: Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered denied until availability of funds can be confirmed.
Applicants will receive notification of the results of their application via their TED account. Questions about results can be answered at any TCC Financial Aid and Scholarship office, at the TCC Call Center at 918.595.7155.
Applicants who were denied may request their applications be re-evaluated if they believe the denial was erroneous. Requests for re-evaluation must be made in any TCC Financial Aid Office prior to the start of the term; requests must be made in a timely manner. Re-evaluations are contingent on the availability of funds.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135