Degrees awarded to students planning to continue to a bachelor’s degree program are the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science. The degree awarded to a student completing a workforce development program is the Associate in Applied Science.
The degrees awarded to students with specific major fields are listed with each program description.
Associate in Arts/Science
- Students recommended for the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degrees must achieve a grade point average of 2.0 as a minimum on all course work attempted (a minimum of 60 hours) excluding any courses repeated or reprieved as detailed in the State Regents’ Grading Policy and excluding physical education activity courses.
- General Education Core Courses
- English Composition: A minimum of six credit hours that must include ENGL 1113 and ENGL 1213.
- U.S. History and U.S. Government: A minimum of six credit hours that must include HIST 1483 or 1493 and POS 1113.
- Science: A minimum of six credit hours. At least one course must be a laboratory science.
- Humanities: A minimum of six credit hours chosen from non-performance courses defined as humanities.
- Mathematics: A minimum of three credit hours.
Courses used to fulfill general education requirements at TCC are listed under GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS. A code letter preceding a course title designates the general education category for which the course may be used, as follows:
• A: Analytical and Quantitative Thought
• L: Scientific Investigation (Lab)
• H: Humanities
• S: Social and Behavioral Sciences
• I: International or Non-Western Dimension
• D: Diversity component of domestic, not international scope
- Required Electives: One three-hour course from one of the following disciplines: psychology, social sciences, foreign language, fine arts (music, art, theatre).
- Additional liberal arts and science courses needed to meet the minimum total of 37 credits.
- As required by Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy, to receive an A.A. or A.S. degree from TCC, students must demonstrate computer proficiency, including a basic knowledge of operating systems, word processing, and the ethical use of Internet research capabilities.
- The remaining minimum of 23 semester credit hours of academic work shall be applicable to the student’s major objective, including any prerequisite courses necessary for his/her anticipated upper-division program. A majority of such student credit hours should be taken in courses classified as liberal arts and sciences. Requirements are listed in specific degree patterns.
- Curriculum patterns for these majors are designed to meet the above requirements. Students and advisors should consult the designated bachelor’s degree institutions to make the specific course selections to meet the aforementioned requirements and transfer requirements.
Associate in Applied Science
A minimum of 60 credit hours and completion of all specific courses listed in the curriculum pattern for the major and a minimum 2.0 (“C”) grade point average on all work submitted for a degree (excludes PE activity courses).
Certificate of Achievement
Completion of the required courses in a specified area and a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average on all work submitted.
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135