TCC is dedicated to building a strong Collegiate Recovery Community that provides a supportive environment for students in recovery from an addiction.
Meeting dates and times for TACKLE, TCC's recovering student organization, are available from the Northeast Campus Student Activities office, 918.595.7571 or from Dr. Sharolyn Wallace, 918.639.4574.
TACKLE Student Organization
TCC has a great student organization dedicated to helping students in recovery create and sustain comprehensive and balanced wellness. Annual dues are $5. The group meets monthly. TACKLE (Total Addiction Counseling and Knowledge from Life Experiences), provides peer support, service opportunities, social activities, and programs designed to encourage students in recovery to use education as a means of improving their self-confidence, decision-making skills, ethics, civility and interpersonal relationships. Please join us for our next meeting! Call Dr. Sharolyn Wallace at 918.639.4574 or the Northeast Campus Student Activities office, 918.595.7571, for TACKLE's meeting day/time each semester.
The Center for Addiction Prevention & Recovery Services (CAPRS)
For students interested in addiction prevention and recovery, our hub at TCC is the Center for Addiction Prevention, Recovery, and Support Services (CAPRS), located on the Northeast Campus, Room #2621. Telephone: 918.595.8462.
TCC has a Recovery Scholarship funded by private donations, which is designated for students who have reclaimed their lives and their academic focus. Successful TCC Recovery Scholarship applicants must:
- Have completed a minimum of six months continuous recovery from all identified addictive disorders.
- Play an active part in the TCC student organization, TACKLE.
- Submit a one- or two-page essay describing their recovery journey and their academic goals.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the quality of his/her recovery and to his/her potential. for academic success (one letter may be from a family member).
- Maintain enrollment in a minimum of six credit hours at Tulsa Community College while on scholarship.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA for courses completed while on scholarship.
For scholarship questions, contact Dr. Sharolyn Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 918.595.7464. Scholarships may be awarded in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters, depending on the number of applicants and available funds.
Attachment Size RecoveryScholarshipForm.pdf 300.47 KB ScholarshipRenewalForm.pdf 175.19 KB
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135