Effective with the Fall 2004 semester, all new students, (including transfer students), are required to comply with Section 3244 of Oklahoma Statutes Title 70. Students can meet this requirement by being exempted through one of the following categories or completing the TCC Immunization Form and returning it with the necessary documentation to any Office of Student Health Services.
Categories of Exemption
- The student completes the TCC Immunization Form declaring that the administration of the vaccine conflicts with the student's moral or religious tenets, or
- The student is a minor and his/her parent or guardian completes the TCC Immunization Form declaring that the administration of the vaccine conflicts with the parent or guardian's moral or religious tenets, or
- The student provides a written statement from a licensed physician indicating that a vaccine is medically contraindicated, or
- The student graduated in 1996 or later from an Oklahoma high school, or
- The student was born before 1957, or
- The student is transferring from an Oklahoma higher education institution, or
- The student is enrolling only in distance education course(s), or
- The student is enrolled only in continuing education courses, or
- The student is non-degree seeking, or
- The student is a concurrently enrolled in high school/home school, or
- The student is on active military duty or a member of the reserve.
The following is a summary of the new requirements.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella, (MMR): All new students beginning the 2004 fall semester are required to either be exempted or, provide documentation of having received two vaccinations for measles, mumps and rubella. As an option student may provide laboratory of antibodies that indicate sufficient immunity. You can read more about measles and the MMR vaccine here.
Hepatitis B: All new students beginning the 2004 fall semester are required to either be exempted or, provide documentation of having completed a Hepatitis B series. You can read more about hepatitis B and the hepatitis B vaccine here.
Students who have a religious or personal objection to complying with the vaccination requirements must complete and return the TCC Immunization Form indicating the objection and/or exemption. This form can be downloaded here, or obtained from any Office of Student Health Services.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in a hold being placed on future enrollment. All required immunizations are available at the Tulsa City-County Health Department.ShareThis
Tulsa Community College
Metro Campus: 909 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Northeast Campus: 3727 East Apache Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
Southeast Campus: 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
West Campus: 7505 W 41st Street South Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107
Conference Center: 6111 East Skelly Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135